October is Substance Abuse Awareness Month
Teens are easily impressionable and are at an increased risk for beginning unhealthy habits. Did you know?
- 1 in 3 teens reports knowing a teen who abuses prescription drugs.
- The average age that a male tries alcohol for the first time is 11 and for females it is 13.
These national statistics are alarming and sadly our local statistics are on par with national averages. It is time to respond today.
- Talk with teenagers about the dangers of underage drinking and prescription drug misuse and abuse.
- Dispose of prescription medicines safely.
- Parents - you can enroll in one of of our free parenting classes to receive tools for talking with teens about substance use.