August is Back to School Month
August is Back to School Month and there are plenty of things to do to prepare for a healthy and successful 2016/2017 school year. Did you know that nearly 70% of teens do not get the required hours of sleep on school nights? The following are tips that you can do to help teens get ready to go back to school:
- Make sure that teens go to bed at the same time each night and wake up at the same time each morning;
- Make sure the bedroom is a quiet, dark and relaxing enviroment;
- Make sure there is a comfortable bed and that it is used only for sleeping and not for other activities, such as reading, watching TV or listening to music;
- Remove all TVs, computers and other gadgets from the bedroom and
- Avoid large meals a few hours before bedtime.